(Chantilly, Virginia) January 18, 2016 - SOC LLC (SOC), a Day & Zimmermann (D&Z) company, demonstrated its commitment to community service by participating in their annual half-day local volunteer program, as part of its Annual Strategic Growth Conference. This year’s community service efforts achieved maximum impact as SOC’s senior leaders provided service to several Philadelphia organizations in need.
“This volunteer effort reinforces our commitment to serve local communities,” said Steve Selfridge, President, SOC. “Leadership is about living our values while setting a positive example for both employees and our surrounding communities,” he added. The chosen philanthropic organizations have missions that are closely aligned with SOC and D&Z’s unified core values of safety, diversity, integrity and success. These philanthropic organizations and volunteer activities included:
- American Red Cross – Preparing 500 fire safety bags that will be distributed to Philadelphia residents in order to prevent and prepare families for residential fires.
- Urban League of Philadelphia – Participating in a Diversity & Inclusion workshop highlighting how it affects the regions’ market.
- Share Food Program (United Way) – Packing pallets of food boxes and assisted in daily warehouse operational needs.
- Urban Affairs Coalition – Painting a variety of building items including the lobby, chairs, TV room, library and staircase railings.
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) – Assisting entrepreneurial students at Audenried High School in developing their business plans by offering feedback, recommendations and strategic advice.
Through the SOC Cares program, the company aims to give back to local communities. SOC’s employees contribute volunteer hours and donations, year-after-year, to support philanthropic initiatives closely aligned with the SOC Cares giving programs.